Big Little Lies mini-series Review
Series Intro ( for those who haven’t seen the series or read the book )
Based on the bestseller with the same name, and interpretations from top Hollywood actors, the Big Little Lies miniseries are a black comedy that takes place in Monterey, California. It all starts with a suspicious crime at a fundraising event at an elementary school. Although the victim and aggressor are initially mysterious in mystery, this crime may have been caused by the rivalries and secrets of three mothers: housewife Madeline Mackenzie (Reese Witherspoon), who is jealous of her younger husband, Celeste Wright (Nicole Kidman), Madeline’s best friend, a former corporate lawyer with a seemingly perfect marriage with a younger man (Alexander Skarsgard), and Jane Chapman (Shailene Woodley), a single mother with a dark past, Madeline and Celeste take it under their protective wing. The story stretches over seven tense and subversive episodes, revealing how every woman had something to hide before the tragedy.
My Opinion Of This Mini-Series :
Though I haven’t read the book, I couldn’t stay away from not watching it and now that I finally did…this is what I can say about it :
It seems to me that, everyone in that small city, is jealous of someone even if they don’t show it or say it. This is a very typical situation in every book and/or movie/ TV series and I grew accustomed to it.
What I loved about it
- It got me hooked from the start.
- The storyline was good – though, I might need to read the book ! – and Liane Moriarty did a fine job with the script writing.
- I loved the children-parents relationship – in some cases.
- How the story grew along the way with the characters
- I loved the cast – great choices.
- That mastermind ending was…Oh.My.Good. Did not see that one coming.
There might be more things I loved about the show, but since I just finished the tv show, these are all that come to mind. 🙂
What I hated about it
- The bullying among some kids at school – but I guess, that’s happened to some of us too, in real life.
- The domestic violence, of which I am completely against of, but then again, there is nothing you can do about it – other than, leaving the bastard,of course.
- The jealousy between some characters. I mean, everyone is unique and everyone has their certain something. That doesn’t mean, you should get jealous of them. MOVE ON !!!!!
OHHH AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST :
- IT WAS TOO DAMN SHORT !!!! THEY SHOULD HAVE TURNED THE BOOK INTO A MOVIE AND NOT A MINI-SERIES !!!!!
What you should learn from this tv show and also book – Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty – is that you should not crave for what someone else has, because everyone has their own secrets that sometimes hurt lie hell and never lie about who you really are, cause eventually it will all come out. Just stay true !
All in all it was a great mini-show and I loved it !
If you saw it or read the book, please, feel free to leave a comment with what you thought about it ! Kisses